Plant & Fabrication
The scale and technical capabilities of Wall Steel’s 170,000 Sq foot facility are outstanding. The current plant was developed in 2005 and is structured around our Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) processes to ensure efficient operation. Our facility boasts a large range of Peddinghaus and Kaltenbach equipment combined with a purpose built steel transport and carriage system.
At our facility, the fabrication process and precision steel engineering capabilities are world class. The quality and scale of resources at Wall Steel ensures that the customer experience is exceptional. All projects are delivered on time and to specification.
Our design teams maximise the technology available to them and use Tekla modeling technology. When approved, drawings are converted into NC data and issued to the workshop CNC machines for automatic fabrication. Automated plant ensures precision and accuracy that leads to efficiency and cost benefits for our clients which eliminates delays on site.
All steel is processed and finished to precise requirements using
- The largest and fastest CNC bandsaws available.
- Peddinghaus nine spindle ultra fast drills (TDK 1000) which have a capacity to drill up to 40 mm dia.
- Peddinghaus Bandsaw (MEBA 1020).
- Kaltenbach Saw/Drill lines (KDXS1015 / KBS1051).
- Kaltenbach Robotic Coper (KC1201 – Plasma or Oxyfuel).
- Peddinghaus cambering, plate and angle machines.
- Gietart shot blaster.
- 24 ESAB 500 MIG welders.
- Overhead cranes with a capacity of up to 25 tonnes and over 500 metres of conveyors and cross transfers to move products through the plant for welding and final finish.
- Our environmentally controlled spray shops with, heating and extraction, can spray 500 tonnes of steel per week
Once steel members and plates are cut or profiled and drilled (using our state of the art, automated saw and drill lines, copers and plate lines), steel is transferred to our fabrication department. Our fabrication team set out and position all fittings and plates. After QA inspection of members, welding team takes over.
Our welding teams are qualified to ISO 9606-1.
Using gas metal arc welding (process 135), our welding team provide the highest standard of welding, under the direct supervision of our in house International Welding Engineer. Wall Steel are certified in accordance with CE marking, up to and including execution class 4, EXC4 – BS EN 1090. Certification includes industrial buildings, high rise buildings, long span bridges, power stations and the like.